TrizCom is looking for a highly driven individual who is passionate about media relations! This is a unique opportunity to join the TrizCom team and have a key role in building the company.
You'll need to have great communication skills, and a proven ability to cultivate and secure strategic media – print, broadcast, online, etc. Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing short and long-term media, community relations and public relations plans, and the ability to work effectively with senior management is also required. Proven relationships with existing media contacts, regional, national and associated trade outlets is desired. Our ideal candidate must be willing to be hands-on and have initiative to work and learn fast. You will be juggling multiple projects so you must be self motivated, have a positive attitude and be a strong leader! Media contacts a must.
Junior Account Executive– TrizCom
Responsible for assisting in the maintenance of client relationships with the public, media and targeted communities through the implementation of key initiatives that include press releases, editorial pieces, speaking engagements, grassroots initiatives, and management of key programs.
- Will be assisting Senior Account Executive on multiple accounts (depending on time needed and availability)
- Assist with all account media inquiries, including communication of the brands position and messaging during media interviews.
- Develop relationships with media from local community papers, regional, national and trade, plus analysts and other industry influencers.
- Create relationships with trade journals and publications to ensure corporate visibility is maintained in key channels.
- Write pitches, articles, and releases.
- Confer with Senior Account Executive to establish goals, objectives and strategies for client’s campaigns.
- Study demographic data to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast, online and social media outlets.
- Evaluate editorial content, ratings, and audience composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach target audience.
- Participate in the development of editorial pieces as they relate to product releases or corporate objectives.
- Coordinate grassroots activities to support external communications and media activities for the company's key corporate reputation initiatives.
- Implement new strategies to ensure communications are in concert with rapidly changing technologies, including web 2.0 technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or other related field.
- 2-3 years of experience, agency presence preferred. Bilingual a plus.
- Writing experience, preferred in pitches, press releases, case studies, white papers, reports and business correspondence.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and presentation skills, as well as analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally-the position requires approximately 25% of local travel to external clients, media interviews and offsite meetings.
If interested please send cover letter, resume and a press release announcing your new position at TrizCom to TrizCom@TrizCom.com